Sunday, September 21, 2008

Being a Gentleman

Gentleman? Yeah! Right!

September 12,2008 FRIDAY-Around 7 in the evening
My former classmate, Mai Dealino's fetcher has not yet arrived. I helped her by staying with her while she was waiting first at the gazebos then at the front lobby. We talked and laughed at each other's jokes. Finally her fetcher arrived, and I was privileged to be able to get a ride in their car and they dropped me off near my house. I was very thankful for that day for I was able to help one of my best friends. 
September 13,2008 SATURDAY-All morning
  My parents were out because of work, while my sister was out for some school practice. And so, my brothers didn't have anyone to watch over them at our house. And since I wasn't doing anything at all, I kept them company while they were studying for their upcoming trimestal examinations.
September 14,2008 SUNDAY-All day
  My uncle is a dentist and during Sundays, I go out to his clinic and assist him by cleaning his dental materials after they were used and by being a secretary. I was there the whole day and it was worth if because I had a decent salary.

September 15,2008 MONDAY-Sometime in the morning
  Arvin, my dearest friend was having trouble understanding some of the concepts in Biology. And since I read the book the night before, I was able to guide him and teach him about the lesson that he did not understand. He was very grateful for that and I was happy because I had the chance to help such a great friend.
September 16,2008 TUESDAY-Filipino period
  Once again, my friend Arvin has inspired me to do something good. We were tasked to make our own poem in Filipino, and then suddenly I thought of a poem which would lift up Arvin's feelings for he wasn't very happy that day, in fact, he had been unhappy the whole month. And so, I, with the help of my group mates composed a wonderful poem about Arvin and his life. I was glad to see that it made Arvin smile, and eventually, laugh.
September 17,2008 WEDNESDAY-Sometime in the afternoon
  It was sweltering hot. The sun was shining ever so brightly and the people in the basketball were exhausted. One such friend who seemed to have played all afternoon, Arvin Cachuela was already panting like a dog. I pitied him and so I gave him my Gatorade bottle and said to him, “Hey man, have a drink!”. His thirst was quenched and I was satisfied, for once again, I was able to help one of my friends.
September 18,2008 THURSDAY-Lunch time
  After an exhausting class in Lab Tech, I noticed that Mai Dealino was very hungry. She didn't have money that day so I treated her at the cafeteria, buying her some siomai and some rice. She was very pleased and she and it with all delight. I was very glad to see her happy and to be able to make her hungriness go away.
September 19,2008 FRIDAY-Dismissal time
  It was raining. Raining so hard. There were people everywhere waiting for the rain to stop. Arvin did not have an umbrella, and I was concerned since he needed to get home early that day. I gave him my umbrella so that he could go home already. He was thankful and happy for that moment. And as for me, I was able to go home too, I borrowed an umbrella from one of my best friends.  
September 20,2008 SATURDAY-Morning
  I woke up very early this morning to be able to complete my chores. I washed the laundry, sweeped and mopped the floor. I already cleaned my room. Which was filled with clutter and whatnot. I needed to do all my chores so that I could go to the party later that day. Anyway, I still believe that doing those chores were indeed good deeds. 
September 21,2008 SUNDAY-Around 4 in the afternoon
  When my father told me to buy some pancit for merienda, I did not hesitate for a second, I followed my father's order and went out to the market to buy the pancit. And when I went home, I was rewarded the smiles of my family members while they were eating the said pancit. All was happy and we were well. 

1 comment:

Arvin said...

chuck, my dearest friend, masama magsinungaling. haha un lang.